CCBO shares business office job listings for member colleges free of charge, and non-member colleges may list for a nominal fee. Please email us to have your job posting added to the list here on the website.
Business Manager - Student Affairs
St. Louis Community College - Corporate College - Bridgeton, MO , USA
Title: Business Manager - Student Affairs
Employee Classification: Professional 52 Wks Non-Unit
Department: Vice Chancellor Student Affairs
Salary Range: $74,271
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Serves as subject-matter expert on budget and business processes for Student Affairs. Monitors
district student affairs budgets and grants to ensure good financial management and compliance.
Provides managerial oversight of the district's annual budget process for Student Affairs.
What you'll do:
- Supports the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs on strategic budget planning.
- Develops, monitors, and advises campus Student Affairs Administration on budgets; analyzes and coordinates with District Finance and Coordinator of Budgets. Ensures good financial management and compliance, fund control, accountability of expenditures, and purchasing procedures, and personnel requests.
- Coordinates the annual budget development process for Student Affairs. Reviews budget proposals for compliance with existing guidelines and budget policy.
- Approvals requisitions and journal entries for Student Affairs.
- Reviews and correct, as necessary, expense to include materials, supplies and labor.
- Collaborates with other Business Managers and Finance & Accounting to ensure consistent district-wide practices and procedures.
- Indirect supervision of Business Services Supervisor; Coordinator for Deaf Services; Coordinator of Assistive Technology Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures, and programs to meet the administrative, logistical and support requirements of staff, faculty, students, and community.
- Identify and develop fiscal training for Student Affairs Administration, faculty and staff to ensure consistency across the district. Coordinates with other business managers, finance and accounting in this effort.
- Uses data and business intelligence tools for research and ad-hoc reporting.
- Interfaces with external community members on business matters.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Deaf Services in the development the Deaf Services budget.
- Manages the Deaf Services budget.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Deaf Services with regard to interpreter/transcriber time entry and approves time.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Assistive Technology in the development the Assistive Technology budget.
- Manages the Assistive Technology budget.
- Manages the District-Wide Part-Time budget.
- Provides managerial oversight in hiring and payroll of Deaf Services and Assistive Technology.
- Provides managerial oversight of all Deaf Services and Assistive Technology invoicing and billing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
Bachelor's Degree and over five (5) year of relevant full-time experience.
Contact InformationJulie Hankley, M.Ed, Recruitment and Retention Specialist