CCBO shares business office job listings for member colleges free of charge, and non-member colleges may list for a nominal fee. Please email us to have your job posting added to the list here on the website.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Central Arizona College - Coolidge, AZ , United States
- APPLY NOW
- Job Summary
Provides leadership and strategic direction for Human Resources/Talent Development operations in an effective and efficient manner. Central to this position is to foster an organizational climate that promotes equity and inclusivity and supports CAC values of accountability, community and trust. Using independent judgment with minimal supervision, responsibilities include oversight of all functions of Human Resources/Talent Development including employee relations, professional development, talent acquisition, employee benefits and compensation and classification systems. This position serves as the liaison between the College’s legal team and ensures compliance with laws and institutional policies.
- Establish and implement initiatives that effectively support the College’s mission, vision, and wildly important goals (WIGs) of creating a world class learner experience and making CAC a great place to work.
- Collaborate with College leadership to enhance the employee experience.
- Develop and maintain a climate that is responsive to employee development, performance and satisfaction by fostering excellence, development and mutual respect.
- Ensure diversity, equity and inclusivity in all processes.
- Develop, implement and administer comprehensive compensation, classification and benefits plans that are competitive and cost effective.
- Administer and provide oversight for essential Talent Development functions including, but not limited to, employee relations, professional development, employee evaluations and employment policies and procedures.
- Ensure the College consistently and fairly applies laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to employment. Serve as a liaison between legal counsel and administrative staff on employment issues.
- Investigate employee grievances and complaints and violations of employee policy and/or procedure, including EEO and sexual harassment, by gathering evidence, preparing reports, interpreting findings of research to draw conclusions, taking corrective action and/or making recommendations to administration as appropriate. May work in conjunction with legal counsel.
- Direct and oversee recordkeeping in accordance with legal requirements.
- Prepare, administer and monitor department budgets.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, inspect processes and procedures to promote optimal services and operational efficiency in an agile and flexible manner.
- Serve on appropriate teams, committees and councils.
- Works with outside agencies and organizations appropriate to the position.
The position may perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources, business management or related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and five (5) years of experience in Human Resources; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered.
- Experience with relational databases or other HRMS systems
- 5+ years leading multiple human resource functions
- SHRM (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) or HRCI (PHR or SPHR)
- Manager level human resource experience in college or university OR similar complex institution
- Experience developing and improving institutional wide initiatives, policies and programs
- Experience developing, implementing and improving human resource policies and programs in support of institutional diversity, equity and inclusion values and goals
- Experience working with advisory and constituency groups on behalf of the human resource function
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Districtwide travel will be required. Evening and weekend duties may be required to support Talent Development activities.SALARY: $88,805.00 - $94,133.00 (Dependent upon qualifications)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 24, 2023
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet must include:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a background verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, backgroundchecks.com. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by backgroundchecks.com during the background process. The level of the background verification for this position is: Executive level.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of principles, concepts and practices of human resources and organizational management
- Knowledge of college administrative processes, including policy development and implementation and shared governance
- Knowledge of various methods, techniques and practices involved in the administration and operation of job classification, compensation, recruitment, selection and activities
- Skill in effective interpersonal communications (both orally and in writing)
- Skill in administration and operation of the various human resource functions
- Ability to work independently or as part of team to apply workflow processes to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze situations, develop solutions and make independent decisions based on established guidelines
- Ability to interact collaboratively with applicants, college officials, constituency groups, managers, various department representatives and the college community at large
- Ability to communicate effectively with external agencies and citizen stakeholders
- APPLY NOW
Contact InformationAustin Gallun
8470 N Overfield Rd
coolidge, AZ 85128, United States