CCBO shares business office job listings for member colleges free of charge, and non-member colleges may list for a nominal fee. Please email us to have your job posting added to the list here on the website.
Northwest MS Community College - Senatobia, MS , United States
The Controller oversees Fiscal Affairs and is responsible for the accounting operations of the College and its component units. This includes maintenance of a system of accounting records according to GAAP, assurance of internal controls to mitigate risk, enhance processes to create efficiencies, field questions and provide support to staff, upper management and the campus community and strive for accurate reporting of complex accounting issues with clean audits. The Controller reports to the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and experience with general ledger accounting software or ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, GASB & FASB
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- 5 years of accounting experience
- Supervisory experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Certified Public Accountant License
- Accounting Experience with Higher Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing the College’s annual financial statements to be audited by an external accounting firm
- Supervision of the College’s accounting, procurement, and accounts payable staff
- Directs payroll accounting functions to ensure that all accounting information is timely and related liabilities are extinguished accordingly and in a timely manner
- Directs the staff responsible for plant fund accounting, recording physical plant (infrastructure, buildings, land improvements, and equipment), their related depreciation and disposals, and bonds payable while ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Directs cash management to ensure that university bank accounts are reconciled timely and that all necessary accounting entries have been processed on a timely basis
- Evaluate internal controls and develop enhancements
- Responsible for reviewing all surveys including IPEDS, Equity in Athletics Reporting, Mississippi Budget Request (MBR), Continuing Disclosure, FISAP, etc.
- Serve as liaison for multiple technological implementations, i.e. Transact payment plans, Procurement Cards, Oracle Cloud ERP
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Administration and Finance
Submit and attach the following:
- Application on website at www.northwestms.edu
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Three (3) Professional references: Name, Organization, Email Address and Telephone
Contact InformationErika Stanford
4975 Hwy 51 N
P.O. Box 7038
Senatobia, MS 38668, United States