CCBO shares business office job listings for member colleges free of charge, and non-member colleges may list for a nominal fee. Please email us to have your job posting added to the list here on the website.
Cleveland State Community College - Cleveland, TN , USA
At Cleveland State our mission is to build strong minds, careers and communities through exceptional teaching and learning, workforce development and service. We wish to hire individuals with similar values who can help us accomplish those goals.
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Chief Accountant - APPLY NOW
Responsible to the Controller for developing financial accounting procedures and controls, preparing internal and external financial reports, assists with and performs select daily accounting operations of the Institution to ensure the accurate recording of the Institution's financial transactions in compliance with Institution and TBR policies, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant state and federal laws.
SALARY RANGE: $49,430 - $61,790
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
* Develops procedures within the financial accounting department
* Implements policy within the financial accounting department
* Responsible for the preparation of reports and invoices for all Cleveland State Community College restricted fund programs, monitors grant budgets, assist grant writer with financial information, assists or prepares project closeout reports
* Prepares monthly sales tax return
* Monitors accounting systems for internal controls, accuracy of information and account classification
* Examines vouchers, cash receipts, invoices, and disbursements
* Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports
* Provides technical advice, information and assistance to individuals or departments in interpreting budgetary/financial data and procedures
* Prepares month-end closing entries
* Assists supervisor in specialized reporting, audit responses, and investment fund allocations
* Works with state and federal officials and auditors
* Assigns and maintains copier codes for college departments
* Coordinates preparation and submission of various external reports
* Coordinates unclaimed property reports and procedures
* Assist with budget preparations
* Responsible for bank reconciliation for Cleveland State
* Prepares quarterly report of the President’s expenses
Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements of the Position:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university required.
Four years of accounting experience required.
Must have extensive knowledge in GASB and higher education/governmental accounting standards.
* Knowledge of current accounting theories and practices involving auditing and budgeting procedures.
* Knowledge of college, Tennessee Board of Regents, state and federal rules, regulations, procedures and accounting practices
* Knowledge of financial reporting requirements of GASB, AICPA, NACUBO and the State of Tennessee
* Knowledge of verbal and written communication skills consistent with interpreting policies and procedures, providing clear and concise information, compiling information into complete and accurate summaries and reports.
* Interpersonal skills consistent with establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
* Ability to make decisions using sound judgment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the link to the left to apply.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH SEPTEMBER 5, 2021.
Human Resources Office
Cleveland State Community College
Cleveland State Community College does not
discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected
veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect
to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Cleveland State
Community College. Cleveland State Community College's policy on
nondiscrimination can be found at: http://www2.clevelandstatecc.edu/about/policy-manual/policy-7-01-00-00
Contact InformationHuman Resources Office