CCBO shares business office job listings for member colleges free of charge, and non-member colleges may list for a nominal fee. Please email us to have your job posting added to the list here on the website.
Manager, Campus Services
Madison College - Madison, WI , USA
Job Posting – Manager, Campus Services
Madison College’s dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. Hiring an inclusive workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College—it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/DEADLINE: Cover letter and resume. Failure to submit these documents by the first consideration date will result in the disqualification of your application. This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of July 18, 2021, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice.
This is an exempt, 52 weeks per year position. General working hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Madison College offers a generous benefit package including health and dental benefits. The employee selected will serve a twelve (12) month introductory period. This position does not offer a relocation package. This posting may be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within six months of the closing date.
The Campus Services Manager is a manager within the Vice President, Administration’s Office. The Campus Services Manager works closely with the Vice President, Administration, and her team to enact the operational and strategic vision and priorities and ensure that students have access to books and other course materials, technology, employees have access to print/mail services at the College, and that all students, employees, and visitors feel welcome at the Truax Campus. This position leads a team of talented staff, including coordinators, supervisors, and assistant managers. In addition, it works to ensure that the Campus Services operations are centered on the needs of students and employees.
Campus Services at Madison College includes Printing & Mail Services, which provides services to employees throughout the District, as well as the Bookstore and Textbook Rental Program, the Laptop/Hotspot Loan Program that serve students throughout our District, and oversees the Truax Welcome Center, which is the first point of contact for students, employees, and community members visiting our largest campus.
Supervise employees and oversee operations, including
• Supervise Printing & Mail Services, the Bookstore, Textbook Rental Program, Technology Access Program, and Truax Welcome Center.
• Recruit, train, supervise, evaluate and retain staff, student staff, and interns. Promote a working environment that values and celebrates diversity with people with different experiences, cultures, perspectives, and identities.
• Assist staff in determining priorities and delegating tasks where appropriate.
• Identify opportunities for professional development to build staff skills and address emerging program needs.
• Provide direct services to employees and students, as needed, when operations face staff absences and vacancies.
Provide lead oversight and administration of assigned departments, including:
• Lead assessment and process improvement efforts for all units in conjunction with the departments’ staff, supervisors, and/or assistant managers.
• Stay abreast of legislation and national, state, and local issues affecting departments.
• In conjunction with the Bookstore assistant managers, develop merchandising and promotions plans based on sales analysis. Ensure products are presented in the most attractive manner possible. Merchandising strategies must also include what merchandise should be stocked and displayed at other campus locations.
• Assist with ongoing strategic planning and departmental review
• Work closely with Student Affairs and Events staff to ensure effective service to students, employees, and visitors to the Truax Campus via Welcome Center services.
• Participate in projects and activities (e.g., search and screen committees and processes, revision of eligibility criteria, outreach and communication practices, and others.).
• Develop, plan, organize, implement, manage, and evaluate the Printing & Mail Services department, the Bookstore, Textbook Rental Program, Technology Access Program, and Welcome Center that contribute to creating accessible, barrier-free environments throughout the College and effectively serve students and employees.
• Support and advise the Vice President, Administration on strategic decisions and future directions as part of the Administration leadership team.
• Develop, implement and uphold values, policies, and procedures in a positive and productive work environment.
Provide financial oversight of multiple departments and enterprise/business operations, including:
• Develop and implement annual business plans for each operation, including developing staffing plans, future goals, financial goals, setting strategies for the use of retained earnings, and generating cash flow statements.
• Complete routine financial management (including reviewing financial statements and making the necessary adjustments to make the operation break-even or profitable).
• Establish and maintain proper controls over resources, including cash, inventory, and labor.
• Research, develop contracts, oversee negotiations, and manage support service contracts as necessary to ensure department and customer needs are met in the most beneficial way with minimal risk.
Provide institutional support and communications, including:
• Serve on Shared Governance or other college-wide committees
• Provide formal training and presentations to the College and the community on textbook and digital equipment topics to ensure ongoing engagement and commitment to the College’s affordability and digital equity initiatives.
• As needed, support communication efforts for all departments and coordinate with other college departments that communicate with the students (enrollment, marketing, financial aid).
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Promote and respect the practice of civility in the workplace.
• Demonstrate a commitment to organizational success.
Provide direct services to students and employees, including:
• Serve in various roles, as needed, during the Bookstore and Welcome Center rush periods.
• Resolve complex student complaints and concerns with respect for the student and balance the students’ concerns with the institutional/departmental goals and mission.
• Assist students in understanding their rights and responsibilities when utilizing assigned programs.
• Assist staff in understanding the lawful and ethical use of services when utilizing print/mail services.
Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision, and values. Comply with college policies, directives, and work rules. Engages positively with colleagues, handles conflict directly and professionally, contributes to team discussions, collaborates and helps colleagues, assumes the best from colleagues, provides and accepts constructive feedback, follows through on commitments, and supports final decisions that are made.
Other duties as defined by department, College, or officials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skill in communicating effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, budgetary administration, and higher educational operations
- Skilled in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals.
- Skilled in achieving and/or exceeding financial management goals within the retail business sector.
- Skilled in coordinating activities with other internal departments and/or external agencies and vendors
- Ability to present materials to groups and individuals, develop strategic and operational plans, and analyze processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, business, student affairs, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Seven (7) years (14,000 hours) of progressively responsible professional experience related to the work performed.
Contact InformationJill Spilde
1701 Wright St
Madison, WI 53704Phone: 608.246.6037