CCBO shares business office job listings for member colleges free of charge, and non-member colleges may list for a nominal fee. Please email us to have your job posting added to the list here on the website.
Senior Financial Analyst - District Office
San Jacinto College District - Pasadena, TX , USA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and analyzing internal and external financial data of considerable complexity requiring independent judgement, initiative, and extensive knowledge of the College, accounting, San Jacinto College policies and procedures, and external agencies. Completes analyses and makes recommendations as appropriate. Develops budgets, projections and forecasts using Anaplan, Banner and other available tools. Monitors financial performance of the College and departments throughout the year. Analyzes and reports revenue and expenditure data to College administrators, and state and federal agencies for financial planning and decision-making.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in budget development, monitoring budget to actual performance, and preparing forecasts, projections, data analysis, reports, etc. Collaborates with HR in managing budgeted positions.
- Analyzes complex financial data, and extracts and defines relevant information, interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project future financial performance.
- Confers with appropriate internal and external administrative offices, and local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to ensure required policies and procedures are followed; provides instruction and answers questions relating to procedures and serve as a liaison between the District and College departments.
- Continuously monitors, analyzes, and reports on financial performance and report any variances such as revenue shortfalls, expense overages, etc.
- Monitors College-wide budgets and analyzes budget variances.
- Determines and designs the approach or strategy necessary to implement institutional requirements using application development tools or data and functionality resident in Banner and Anaplan.
- Supports department users to meet automated financial, budgeting, business, statistical, and forecasting needs.
- Serves as Anaplan budgeting and reporting tool model builder.
- Provides guidance, assistance or training to division clients and other analysts.
- Assists in the development of regulatory and ad hoc management and statistical reports.
Additional Job Functions:
- Participates in fiscal year close out and annual report preparation processes as required.
- Support department users to meet automated financial, budgeting, business, statistical, and forecasting needs.
- Researches and prepares variance analysis and explanations.
- Prepares journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate the College values
- Ability to exchange information using tact and persuasion as appropriate, requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires strong knowledge of accounting, financial planning, budgeting and data analysis.
- Requires excellent computer skills and experience using spreadsheet, charting, and other software tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to utilize an automated accounting system (Banner) and generate ad hoc reports.
- Ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as various statistical calculations.
- Ability to write reports, memos, requests, and general correspondence.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and to handle multiple tasks within strict time constraints.
- Must be self-directed and proactive, working independently with broad guidelines.
- Ability to respond flexibly and positively in all circumstances, and to work calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by listening effectively, transmitting accurate information and actively seeking feedback.
- Be dependable/reliable and follow through on commitments, producing timely work to required or higher standards.
- Have strong human relationship skills, the ability to resolve conflicts, and the ability to achieve a collaborative working relationship with a large group of team members and members of other functional groups.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
- Master’s degree in business or related field
- Five years of experience in financial planning, analysis, budget and modeling
- Experience with financial planning and analysis tools such as Anaplan
- Ellucian (Banner) ERP system experience
- Anaplan planning and budgeting tool experience
- Higher education experience
Note: The duties of this position require a physical presence at the assigned on-site work location during unrestricted operations with very limited or no opportunity for remote work arrangements.
Salary Grade: 27
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req2942
Posting Close Date: 6/25/2021
Contact InformationDianne Duron