Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services
Joilet Junior College - Joliet, IL , USA
STATUS: Full time
DIVISION: Administrative Services
REPORTS TO: President
PLACEMENT: Administrative, grade S19
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services serves as the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of the College and is responsible for strategically leading the functions for finance, facilities, environmental health & safety, campus safety and business and auxiliary services. In addition, the position is responsible for the College Master Plan, facility maintenance, and construction management; the three-year Financial plan, budget and annual audit including payroll, accounts payable and receivables and grant accounting management; all college insurance policies; all college purchasing, management of all college businesses and support services such as mail delivery, facility rentals, print services and; and for the Emergency Response Plan including management of a police force with sworn officers. The Vice President recommends the formulation of college policy and planning in all of these areas.
The following departments report directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services: Business and Auxiliary Services (including Procurement, Food Service, Early Childhood Center, Bookstore, Renaissance Center Banquet Operation, Facility Rentals and Mail Center), Facility Services, Receiving, Campus Police, Environmental Health & Safety, and Financial Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide strategic leadership for and review the functional organization of supervised areas to promote optimal services and operational efficiencies; including the departments of Facility Services, Financial Services, Campus Police, Environmental Health & Safety, and Business and Auxiliary Services.
2. Direct and coordinate the preparation of the College’s annual budget, the annual financial audit, the three-year financial plan, the three-year capital improvement plan; the College Master Plan and the Emergency Operation Plan for submission through the President to the Board of Trustees.
3. Serve as, or appoint, the College’s financial negotiation manager for all collective bargaining units.
4. Create, update and implement all policies, procedures, and guidelines related to the Division of Administrative Services.
5. Ensure a safe environment for students, faculty and staff through leadership of the Campus Police and the development, implementation of a comprehensive security program.
6. Ensure that Facility Services maintains all college buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe, attractive, and efficient condition. Assure the availability of adequate power and utilities as needed as well as the establishment of back-up procedures for emergency situations. Oversee all major capital projects so that they meet the college’s specifications and are completed on-time and on-budget.
7. Ensure that campus services and business are operated in an efficient, customer service-oriented manner.
8. Assess and administer the College’s insurance policies, including: educator’s legal liability; athletic insurance; property, liability, liquor, and commercial crime insurance; and excess worker’s compensation, in addition to the 403(b) & 457 plan administrator programs.
9. Provide administrative support, consultation and advice to the President’s Cabinet.
10. Serve as the Treasurer for the College, as appointed.
11. Attend all scheduled meetings of the Board of Trustees. Share in the development and review of policies for the President’s recommendation to the Board.
12. Represent the President and the College to individuals, groups and organizations within the district and through professional associations.
13. Serve at the college’s Executive Sponsor for the Workday implementation project, which includes the Finance and HCM modules.
14. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the President.
1. Master’s Degree in business or public administration, finance or closely related field.
2. Seven (7) years progressive and recent administrative and financial leadership preferably in a higher education setting.
3. Experience with leadership in a collective bargaining environment.
4. Must be bondable.
5. Interpersonal, managerial, and communication skills to interact effectively with and present to various constituencies, and to communicate complex financial, facility, safety and business services topics.
6. Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect, integrity, collaboration, humor and well-being, innovation and quality.
1. Earned Doctoral Degree in business or public administration, finance or closely related field.
2. Ten (10) years progressive and recent administrative and financial leadership preferably in a higher education setting.
3. Prior involvement in ERP implementation projects and post-go-live activities.
1. Normal office physical demands.
2. Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from community events.
3. Ability to travel in state and nationally.
Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING: Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJCPolice Department website: https://jjc.edu/about-jjc/police-and-safety.
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.
Joliet Junior College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email HR@jjc.edu or call (815) 280-6725.
Founded in 1901 as the nation’s first public community college, JJC’s dedication to student learning, community prosperity, and personal growth has influenced generations of students and community partners. Our six campuses and extension centers ensure accessibility and empower 30,000 students annually to improve their lives through the power of education.
Our commitment to our mission drives the change and innovation necessary to meet the evolving needs of our students, employees, and community. Our continued success is drawn from talented, diverse, and committed employees whose knowledge and passion for education create a thriving culture both in and out of the classroom.
JJC supports an inclusive and collaborative environment where everyone can learn, grow, and perform at their best. We invite you to apply your skills and experience in a way that supports excellence and rewards your contributions. Join our family and make JJC your first choice!
The college supports this commitment by providing full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (employee & family):
Flexible Spending Account
403(b) and 457(b) option for pre-tax retirement savings
Joliet Junior College Tuition Assistance (employee & family)
Long Term Disability
Life Insurance & a comprehensive leave plan including:
- Federal holidays
APPLY ONLINE: https://employment.jjc.edu
Contact InformationHuman Resources