2013 CCBO Annual
Call For Programs - Waitlist Now Open
Find Your Oasis!
Are you ready to "Find Your Oasis"? We hope you are planning on attending the CCBO annual conference this year in Palm Springs, CA. This year the conference returns to a popular site from a few years ago. I encourage you to read The History of Palm Springs to learn about this interesting place. Though "The Valley", as it is called, was the home of the Agua Caliente Indians thousands of years ago, Hollywood discovered this desert playground in the mid-1900’s. Just as this community grew from a desert to a flourishing community and economy, we are working hard to bring you interesting and insightful speakers with a focus on finding opportunities in the challenging environment our colleges are faced with today.
The conference is going to be filled with timely topics and terrific scenery and opportunities to enjoy the warm temperatures at the Westin Mission Hills Resort. There are many opportunities for fun and adventure, whether that be touring the desert to look at Joshua Trees, riding the Aerial Tramway to 8,500 feet above the desert floor, or a walking shopping trip in Palm Desert. Registration is open, and consider bringing family members or a friend with you. I can speak from experience....they will thank you.
Annual Conference educational sessions are the greatest opportunity you have to share the successes and challenges faced at your institution. While valuable information is gained from general sessions, these smaller, concurrent sessions are the best resource available from your peers to help you solve problems at and find solutions for your campus. They also represent a valuable opportunity to present at a national forum. We hope you will take part in this mutual growth experience as a presenter at the CCBO Annual Conference.
For more information:
Heather Brown, CEM
CCBO Managing Director
phone: 434-293-2825 x 228
Program Session Topics - CCBO Core Competencies
Proposals for program sessions are encouraged to focus on the Core Competencies for business officers found at http://www.ccbo.org/about/CoreCompetenciesv3.pdf.
Educational sessions addressing any of the Core Competencies will be considered; however, the Program Committee is particularly committed to offering educational sessions in the following areas:
Auxiliary & Business Services/Purchasing
Facilities Planning, Construction, and Operations
Risk Management/Business Continuity Planning/Security
Strategic Planning/Budgeting/Change Management
- Sessions will be one hour in length.
- We encourage a session agenda that allows ample time for questions/answers during or following the presentation.
- Presenters are encouraged to provide handouts to involve participants in the sessions.
- CCBO will provide, at no cost to presenters, a screen and LCD projector. Presenters must provide additional A/V equipment.
ALL session presenters are required to register as delegates to the conference.
Session presenters are not reimbursed for registration or expenses to attend the conference and present during an educational session.
Business Partner Participation
Businesses that wish to present an educational session MUST partner with a member institution who has successfully implemented the vendor solution. All presentations will be led by a college representative. Vendor solutions are 60 minutes in length. It is $750 to do a vendor solution.
The conference program is now full, but we welcome propsals for the waitlist.
To be considered, programs MUST contain the following:
- Title of proposed session
- Relevant Core Competencies
- Learning Outcomes (at least three)
- Completing the statement: “As a result of participating in this session, attendees will…”
- Outline summary of proposed session containing:
- Description of the subject and topics to be covered
- List of materials, handouts or teaching aids to be used
- Coordinating Presenter name, title, college/organization, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax. Also include a short bio.
[Note: Coordinating presenter will be responsible for all communications with additional presenters.]
- Additional Presenter(s) name, title, college/organization, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax. Also include a short bio.
- Three to four sentence session description of the program as it should
appear in publications
In order to keep the program process running smoothly no cancellations may be made after August 1, 2013. After this date presenter would be responsible for finding a replacement presenter for the session.
- Meaningful content related to Core Competencies
- Clearly defined learning outcomes
- Overall appeal: innovative approaches to identify, cope with/solve current and emerging problems facing business officers
A decision to accept or reject session proposals will be given no later than May 1, 2013 to all Coordinating Presenters.