CCBO is committed to providing educational and professional support, networking opportunities, and timely trend and demographic information for business officers representing community colleges and community college system offices in the US and in Canada. The association works to help business officers better prepare for successful professional roles in the business and service enterprise of the community college. CCBO recognizes that excellence in the profession sets the standard for the future and strives to acknowledge those professionals who have excelled in the field.
Strategic Plan: Preparing for the Future of CCBO
The Community College Business Officers organization offers the following strategic plan to articulate its mission, pursue initiatives that benefit its membership, advance the position of community colleges in the United States and Canada, and establish proper administration and accountability standards for those in the profession. This strategic plan includes: statements of mission and vision, core values and key strategic initiatives for the successful advancement of the organization.
Constitution & Bylaws
View the CCBO Constitution & Bylaws.
The Board of Directors of the Community College Business Officers executed significant organizational changes in 2009. After a thorough discussion, these changes were unanimously approved by the Board of Directors at the September 2009 meeting, as were the resulting Bylaw revisions necessary to implement the proposed new organization structure. View the document presenting the Constitution and Bylaws revisions. Please direct any questions or comments to President DesPlas or Executive Director Ron Campbell. These revisions were voted upon, and approved, at the Annual Business Meeting on November 3, 2009 in Palm Springs, California.
CCBO provides educational and professional support, networking opportunities, and other resources to help current and future business officers and other professionals better prepare for successful roles in the business, administrative, and service enterprises of community colleges in the United States and Canada.
* * *
CCBO Core Values
- Networking and Community – CCBO is committed to representing the business operations of community colleges that support educating students and to working collaboratively with its internal and external constituents.
- Quality and Excellence - CCBO recognizes that excellence in the profession leads to superior community college business operations and services. Additionally, CCBO recognizes outstanding professionals and exemplary practices.
- Volunteerism and Leadership - CCBO values the volunteer contributions of its members and partners and commits to the development of leadership skills among current and future business officers and other professionals.
- Fiscal Responsibility and Integrity – CCBO recognizes that fiscal responsibility requires ethical personal and professional conduct and appropriate use of resources and promotes these values.
- Sustainability – CCBO commits to diversity, social and environmental responsibility, cultural competence, and global awareness.
Code of Ethics
Institutions of higher education are entrusted by society with great resources and commensurately great responsibilities for creation, dissemination, and preservation of knowledge. Business officers play a key role... More...
Core Competencies for Business Officers
CCBO supports and subscribes to the Competencies for Community College Leaders ... Those competencies address the need for all community college leaders to possess skills in organizational strategy, resource and financial management, communication, collaboration... More...
* * *
The CCBO Vision
CCBO is widely recognized as the premier community college association serving current and future business officers and other professionals throughout the United States and Canada.
* * *
Strategies for a Productive Future
|CCBO will expand comprehensive institutional and individual improvement programs to provide networking opportunities, professional development and educational publications.|
|CCBO will establish and promote relevant expectations within the community college business functions.|
|CCBO will serve its members on an established set of values and a strong volunteer leadership structure. CCBO will establish itself as a local, regional, national and international network of community college business professionals which is recognized in the broader higher education community. CCBO will advocate regarding the importance of the work of community colleges and their business professionals.|
|CCBO will maintain its affiliation with the American Association of Community Colleges.|
|CCBO will form strategic alliances that advance the organization and its members.|
* * *